Didsbury Runners club is a volunteer-led group. There is a committee of nine members who are responsible for the management of the group, as well as additional volunteers that take on specifc roles within the club.
The committee is elected at the AGM held in May of each year. As defined by the constitution, there are three officer positions, and up to six other non-officer committee positions.
The committee are responsible for all aspects of the club, as detailed in the constitution. In addition, it is expected that each committee member coordinates a Monday evening session on a rota basis.
The current committee members are:
- Chair - Mike Kelly
- Secretary - Matt Gittins
- Treasurer - Antonia Marsden
- General Committee members - Becky Jones, Emma Simms, Helen Carron, Isabelle Qamar, Katrin Michaels, Lydia Norman, Maxine Taylor, Meng Chong leong, and Richard Harrison.
The current committee have divided the tasks required to run the club into specific roles. These roles will be reviewed each year and the committee can delegate these tasks to non committee members. The current roles are listed below:
- Chair (Mike Kelly) - Responsible for strategic coordination, governance and culture
- Secretary & Membership Coordinator (Matt Gittins) - Maintains clubs administrative duties, including membership admin.
- Treasurer (Antonia Marsden)- Maintains the clubs finances and contact point for suppliers.
- Marketing officer & Social Secretary (Emma Simms) - Responsible for membership and wider public communications, branding, and social events.
- Events coordinator (Meng Chong Leong & Antonia Marsden) - organises and promotes internal and external running events
- Membership Engagement (Richard Harrison & Becky Jones) - Promotes and manages internal and external membership engagement, (e.g maintain and training the volunteer run leader pool)
- Merchandise Officer (Maxine Taylor) - ensure design, production and management of all DR merchandise & promotions
- Charitable Engagement & Mental Health Ambassador (Helen Carron & Lydia Norman) - Promotion of charitable events and mental health wellbeing within the club
- Beginners Session Coordinator (Katrin Michaels & Lydia Norman) - Management of Beginners sessions for members and non members
- Community Engagement (Isabelle Qamar) - Promote integration of the club with the wider community as well as within the club itself
Committee members are not required to take on a specific role, nor are the role holders required to be on the committee except for the three officer positions.
If you are interested in being part of the committee in the future or helping with any of the roles, please speak to a member of the committee.
If you are interested in being a Run Leader, please contact the Membership Engagment officers (Rich Harrison or Becky Jones) at email@example.com.