General Running Links
- Go Active Project - GO Active, Get Healthy is a free to join project that aims to help people in Oxfordshire to do more physical activity and exercise.
- British Athletics
- NHS Couch to 5Km - Designed to get just about anyone off the couch and running 5km in 8-10 weeks.
- Runner's world 5K Index -5K races are the perfect distance for beginners targeting a first race
- The perfect 10K - The country's most popular type of race
- Half marathon schedules - 10-12wk & Garmin ready plans here!
- Marathon - The full 26.2miles!
For those that enter races then here's a quick rundown of some local events. Some fill up very quickly so set yourself a target for 2017 and sign up:
- Bourton 10K - 26th February 2017
- Bath Half Marathon - 12th March 2017 - 13.1miles over two loops around Bath. Relatively flat (believe me those hills in Bath are best avoided - I've lived there!)
- Silverstone Half Marathon - 12th March 2017 - Race around Silverstone on the classic motor track
- Reading Half Marathon - 19th March 2017 - 2 half marathons in a week challenge anyone? Warm up for anyone lucky or brave enough to be running the London Marathon
- Banbury 15 - 19th March 2017 - 15miles round Banbury
- OX5 Run - 26th March 2017 - 5mile loop around Blenheim Palace perimeter road for Oxford University Hospitals Trust Childrens' Hospital
- White Horse Half Marathon - 9th April 2017 - 'Level' 13.1miles round Grove
- Devizes Half Marathon - 9th April 2017 - 'Undulating'
- Chalgrove Festival 10K - 1st May 2017
- Oxford Town and Gown 10K - 14 May 2017 - Flat course round Oxford, ideal for that first 10K or a PB
- Otmoor Challenge Half Marathon - 3rd June 2017 - Offroad and hilly
- Run Jericho 10K - 18th June 2017 - 10K round Jericho, Port Meadow and the Oxford Canal
- Shrewsbury Half Marathon - 18th June 2017 - A challenging hilly half marathon by the looks of the profile with Wyle Cop to conquer
- Ridgeway Revenge - 24th June 2017 - Hilly course offering 10K, half marathon and full marathon distances
- Thame CPM 10K - 25th June 2017 - Flat with PB potential
- Race to the Stones - 15th & 16th July 2017 - Something a bit different! 100K Ultra Marathon and/or 50K running/walking one/two day event from Lewknor to Avebury.
- Swindon Half Marathon - 3rd September 2017 - another local half. Entries open on 1st February 2017
- Earth Trust 10K - 10th September 2017 - Cross country run through some lovel meadows with the not insignificant challenge of Wittenham Clumps.
- Longworth 10K - Usually mid September. Good mixed terrain course along part of the Thames Path
- Cotswold Classic 10 - mid/late September. 10mile course just north of Witney. Good preparation for the Oxford half a few weeks later.
- BHF Blenheim Half Marathon, 10K and Family Fun Run - 1st October 2017 - Hilly course so don't expect a PB
- Oxford Half Marathon - 8th October 2017 - Popular local HM on a flat course. 2016 saw many Far Runners get PBs
- Abingdon Marathon - Usually the end of October.
- Eynsham 10K - Usually the end of November - Flat 2 lap course around Eynsham village. Good for a cheeky late year 10K and very often a PB as well
- Bromham Pudding Run 10K - Early December 10K, and you get a Christmas pudding for finishing! Entries open in Sept and sell out in hours!
- Andy Reading 10K - Another late season 10K in early December.
If you do sign up please let us know and there may be opportunities to 'buddy up' on race day with another Far Runner, we'll also try and provide support to help keep you motivated towards that goal.