Welcome to Pewsey Plodders Running Group
Next run: Thursday 20 May 2021
About our group
Formed at the end of July 2020 Pewsey Plodders began meeting on 11th August 2020.
Someone suggested the name when I explained to them my idea of setting up a beginners' running group for people who wanted to walk a bit, jog a bit and walk a bit more, and felt a little intimidated about joining the local running club.
As a member of Pewsey Vale Running Club, I would urge you to join them - they are a very friendly bunch of runners and you will be made very welcome.
HOWEVER, if you do not feel that you are ready to join an actual club - Pewsey Plodders will be for you! Set up to welcome people from any fitness level; walkers, joggers or walk/runners we provide a friendly, safe place to encourage you off the sofa and into your running shoes!
We meet either in the car park of Pewsey Vale School or the Co-op where there is free parking.
There are currently four sessions running, two evening sessions - which started for beginners but everyone has progressed so well that from January 2021, I am opening up two 12 week beginner classes, one at 6 pm on a Thursday and one at 10 am on a Friday, these will meet in the top car park at Pewsey Co-op, so please choose the group that is most appropriate for your level of running.
All sessions are FREE. Please contact me for more information.
All members/potential members - Please read the following pre-activity Health Questionnaire in relation to Covid-19.
Pre-activity Health Questionnaire
1) Within the last 14 days, have you experienced a new and persistent cough?
2) Within the 14 days, have you experienced new shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
3) Within the last 14 days, have you experienced a new loss of taste or smell?
4) Within the last 14 days, have you had close contact with someone who is or was sick with suspected or confirmed Covid-19 )NOTE: close contact is defined as within 6 feet for more than 10 consecutive minutes)
5) Within the last 14 days, have you or a household member been isolating?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, please do not attend a Pewsey Plodders training session.