Welcome to our running group
About our group
PLUMSTEAD RUNNERS was formed in early 1987 at a meeting in the Woodman P.H. Plumstead involving 10 local runners who met up to travel to races or met up at race venues. Over the years the club has grown from strength to strength with membership now reaching over 100 club members from various backgrounds, areas and abilities.
We are an England Athletics Affiliated Running Club and have a host of volunteers who work behind the scenes to ensure the sessions are not only fun and informative but also encourage you to become the healthiest and fittest version of YOU!
When do you run?
Each week we run sessions from Bexleyheath Sports Club on a Monday at 7:00pm and a Wednesday at 6:30pm. The sessions are for all abilities and ages from 18+. We have several groups that go out at different paces and no one is ever left behind.
Where do you run?
In the lighter months we tend to run through the gorgeous Danson Park, and in the darker months we stick to road running. All our sessions are held outdoors so please dress according to the weather and bring water resistant jacket for the glorious rainier days!
Many of our members compete in various races throughout the year ranging from fun runs to ultra-marathons, so if you are training for a particular race we can coordinate the training around you.
Are there any parking or changing facilities?
Yes and yes!
The club has a free car park for our runners to use.
There are also male and female changing rooms where you can leave your belongings as the changing rooms are locked when we head out for a run. However please leave any valuables at home as the club cannot be held responsible for any missing items.
How do I become a member?
We like potential new members to come along and try 4 FREE SESSIONS before you commit to a membership, almost like a try before you buy! That way you get to see what the club is all about and meet some of our great members before making any commitment.
If you decide you’d like to become a member after your first 4 FREE SESSIONS, it is just £25.00 for the entire year which runs from January – December. That also gets you membership of the club house and discounted drinks! Simply fill out a membership form and hey-presto you will be part of the Plum family!
Do you offer any extra membership?
You can also sign up for England athletics athlete registration through the club for £15.00 which includes a host of benefits:
- Entry to events exclusively available to registered athletes - under UKA Rules for Competition many competitions, particularly track and field, are only open to registered athletes.
- Entry discounts (minimum £2) on UKA licenced road and multi-terrain events
- ebulletins including key information on the sport and exclusive registered athlete offers. You can ensure your email address and mailing preferences are up to date at www.englandathletics.org/registered-athlete
- The ability to have a say on how the sport is run and funded in a way that reflects your fundamental importance to the sport
- Opportunities for you to get involved in exclusive events and experiences in association with British Athletics
- Exclusive offers with New Balance, InterContinental Hotels Group, and AfterShokz. Some of these can be accessed via the benefits page at www.englandathletics.org/registered-athlete. Others are sent by email so ensure your contact details are up to date and you have opted to receive information!
- Entry in the Great Run Club Challenge competition in the Great Run Events
Keep up to date!
Please join our Facebook page to keep up to date on all club information.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Vanessa on 07572 071111.