Welcome to our running group
Next run: Thursday 14 December 2017
About our group
Some useful links for you:
Be social, and chat with other members on our Farsley Flyers Member page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/farsleyflyers)
And also check out our Farsley Flyers Public page (https://www.facebook.com/FarsleyFlyers)
- We are and always will be a FREE running group, but members are welcome to affiliate to our club - for more details on affiliation please email [email protected]
- We run the club voluntarily - we do not profit from helping others improve their running goals.
- We have 3 British Athletic qualified Coachs, 14 qualified and insured Run Leaders accredited by England Athletics, plus 3 Running Ambassadors, 2 Mental Health Ambassadors and a qualified Guide Runner for the partially sighted. We also have a "signing" interpreter for supporting the deaf.
- We have trained complete beginners to become competent runners completing in various races.
- We are social, local and fully support our local community and partner with local businesses.
- We have a dedicated members page on Facebook to share progress and tap in to the support of other members. We also post our weekly session plans there - just type "Farsley Flyers Members" in the search bar of Facebook.
- We are recognised on ParkRun - add Farsley Flyers as your running club.
- Our members also record their triumphs on Strava - just search running club "Farsley Flyers". Support your peers and share local routes.
- Our birthday is 12th February and each year we hold an annual party celebrating our successes, giving out fun prizes, medals and trophies.
- We also host a variety of other social events throughout the year. BBQ's, meals out, pub quizzes, etc. Check the SOCIAL EVENTS page.
- Farsley Flyers are now a race organiser and in partnership with Country Trail hosted our first trail run in 2017 and we have more in the pipeline for 2018 - see facebook for more details.
- New for 2018, Farsely Flyers will be holding a club championship which is free to all members. This covers many local events from Park Runs, 10k's and half marathons. This works on a point collection system so suitable for all abilities.
- You will find Farsely Flyers across all social media platforms - do follow us on Twitter and Instagram by using our handle @farsleyflyers
Alison Ogle - Group Leader
Meet our run leaders
Adam Beesting Run Leader, Guide Runner
Alison Ogle Group Leader, Run Leader Mentor, Founder, Run Leader, Coach
Andy Love Run Leader
Bronwen Sal Run Leader
Caroline Lyles-McCourt Run Leader
Claire Battensby Run Ambassador
Claire Addy Mental Health Ambasador
Clare Miller Run Leader
David Booth Run Leader
Debbie Coope Mental Health Ambasador
Duncan Reed Run Leader, Coach
Emily Fewtrell Run Ambassador
Joanne Ward Run Leader
Mark Crack Run Leader
Oliver Gregory Coach, Run Leader
Paul Seddon Run Leader
Philip Love Run Leader
Rachel Pike Run Ambassador
Richard Warren Run Leader
Rob McDougal Run Leader
Yaz Mahmood Run Leader
Our group numbers
- 4 Groups runs per week
- 1025 Total KM this year
- 3K Average run distance
- 314 Active runners