Training at Burnden
Training sessions at Burnden aim to support you in your running by offering a variety of activities each week that will meet your needs, whether you are…
• training for a specific race in the club championship
• seeking a less intensive session, as you recover from a race the day before
• seeking a specific type of session, e.g. hill training or interval training
• new to running
• wanting to build up to a certain distance/achieve a certain pace per mile
• returning to running after an injury
BURNDEN MAIN TRAINING NIGHT
Sessions are available each Monday at 7pm at Smithills Sports Centre (except Bank Holidays), we have sessions available for all abilities, with effort sessions, run sessions, inbetweeners and New Beginners.
The Beginners Group for those who are new to running or returning to running after injury currently training now on a Saturday morning whilst the dark nights have drawn in.
1 FOOT ON THE TRACK
1 foot on the track meet at Levehulme Park every Wednesday at 7pm. Find out more by joining their facebook group.
NEW BEGINNERS GROUP
Currently on a Saturday morning the New Beginners group are meeting at 10am, find out more here
On Sunday we have the new Sunday long run sessions starting at 9.30 from various locations. View their training schedule here