Welcome to our running group
Next run: Monday 14 June 2021
About our group
Vale of York is a social running group with a variety of runs which cater for all abilities.
All our sessions are free to supporting members of VOYAC and are led by a U.K. athletics qualified coach or run leader.
Potential new members can enjoy their first session for free or sign up straight away via the link below.
Details are listed on our ‘runs’ page, but there’s usually something going on every Monday and Wednesday evenings and Saturday or Sunday mornings.
Sessions are currently limited to 12 runners, plus Run Leader, therefore booking is essential. Some sessions may be cancelled if take up is low.
All our sessions are conducted in a fun, sociable setting and are suitable for anyone aged 14 upwards. Unfortunately, at the moment we cannot cater for juniors under the age of 14. A junior club will launch in the summer of 2021.
Sessions normally last for around 60 minutes. Long runs can be anything upwards of 60 minutes. Some sessions include 1 or 2 rest breaks. Please check the run details before booking.
- Booking is mandatory to assist NHS Track and Trace if required
- Your RunTogether medical questionnaire must be completed prior to attending any sessions
- If you feel unwell, do not attend and seek medical advice if required
- Hand sanitiser will be available at every session
- Wear comfortable clothing and suitable footwear
- Bring water and any food that you require; we cannot share food and water
- Swallow don't spit and cough in a hygienic manner
- Keep 2 metres apart at all times
- Do not arrive to a session more than five minutes early
- Leave promptly at the end of the session
- Follow local COVID-19 rules and guidelines
We may take photos during the session that are shared on social media. Please let the run leader know prior to the commencement of the session if you do not wish to be in the photo.
carol saunders - Group Leader
Meet our Team
Andrea Whitehead Run Leader
carol saunders Run Leader, Group Leader
Ian Martin Run Leader, Athletics Coach, Group Leader, Exercise Referral Specialist
Laura Collins Run Leader, Group Leader
Lee Lockwood Group Leader, Run Leader
Paul Callaghan Run Leader, Coach in Running Fitness, Group Leader
Stephanie Hiscott Run Leader, Zwift Leader, Group Helper