Welcome to the Lions Running Community
Next run: Wednesday 06 March 2024
About our group
Welcome to the Lions Running Community
- We are a multi-award winning free, fun and friendly running club that started at Sweatshop, Chorley back in 2011 and moved to the Lions in 2017.
- The club is run by qualified UK Athletics Coaches and Leaders in Running Fitness.
- Lions Running Community have trained guide runners to support any Visually Impaired Runners.
- We also have a number of mental health champions and trained Mental Health First Aider runners available at most of our sessions.
- We offer free runs for all through England Athletics RunTogether
- You can book yourself onto our running sessions through this website or via the Runner app on your phone. The app is available on Android and IOS platforms.
- We are also an England Athletics affiliated club and offer affiliation as an option. Club affiliation provides additional benefits such as reduced entry fees to running events, the opportunity to win a club place in the London Marathon and other valuable discounts.
- All abilities are catered for and welcome to come along to our running sessions
- Minimum age 12, under 16’s to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
We offer a variety of running sessions on various days of the week.
Mon 6.30 pm
Long Run Group, running from the Golden Lion or Bamber Bridge Leisure Centre. Runs vary in distance but are usually between 6 – 10 miles
Beginners Sessions - Monday 6.00pm
We offer fully supported beginner sessions (couch to 5k), so if you aren’t sure where to start, why not try one of these courses.
Couch to 5k, starting 20th March. We will be running from Thrive Gym in Bamber Bridge
Wed 6.30 pm
Running from the Golden Lion at Higher Wheelton or TVS Buckshaw
We hold two group sessions, for all abilities.
The short-run session is usually around 5-7 km.
The long run session is usually with distances from 8-11 km.
Saturday 9.00 am
We regularly attend local parkrun events in the area. Our default location is at Preston Avenham park but we do travel to other sites. Watch out for announcements in our Facebook group.
Sunday 8.00 am
Running from a variety of locations, the Sunday morning runs vary in length to support runners training for half and full marathons through the course of the year.
Other run sessions
We also hold run sessions at other times and days, please check the website, the Runner app and our Facebook group for updates and details.
Coaching Sessions and advice
We have qualified coaches who have over 9 years experience and freely offer their advice to help runners improve, no matter whether that's just to get into running or for a specific racing goal. Throughout the year these coaches also offer a variety of sessions.
Sign up to RunTogether for free
A quick reminder, that if you haven’t already done so, it would be really useful if you could create a sign-in at our page on the runtogether.co.uk website and add us to your group list by clicking on the "add this page to my groups" link below.
- Although we don’t insist on this, it is helpful if you can pre-book onto sessions as it gives us a good idea of how many people are likely to turn up, and that allows us to ensure that we have enough run leaders to keep the sessions as safe as possible. It also provides us with 3rd party liability cover, should the worst ever happen. You can book as many sessions in the future.
- You can book via our website https://groups.runtogether.co.uk/Lionsrunningcommunity or via the mobile app, details below
- You can also download the RUNNER App to make signing in even easier:
- There is no cost for this. It just provides you with the ability to book onto runs (which means you will get an update if there are any changes to venue or cancellations) and allows you to share your In Case of Emergency (ICE) details with the run leaders, although we hope we don’t need them!
We are governed by a Club Constitution under England Athletics.
All Club policies are available, when published, in the files section of the club Facebook Group.
Should you wish to read the LRC Constitution, or any of the club policies before we post them up, please email us at email@example.com
Meet our Team
.Shelby Williams Guide Runner, Group Leader, Run Leader, National Run Leader of the Year, Mental Health Champion, North West Run Leader of the Year, Coach, Club Founder, Fitness Instructor
Howard Sidery Run Leader, Guide Runner
Jess Harcourt Group Helper, Member Rep.
Jonathan Gore Run Leader, Group Helper
Julie-Anne Caton Run Leader
Malcolm Thomson Member Rep., Group Helper
Robert Bywater Member Rep., Inclusivity Lead
Sammie Cox Member Rep., Group Helper
Stuart Isherwood Mental Health Champion, Run Leader, Guide Runner, Coach, North West Run Leader of the Year, Group Leader
Tim Nuttall Run Leader, Welfare Officer, Assistant Coach, Guide Runner