Next run: Thursday 05 November 2020
About our group
CHORLEY RUNNERS are pleased to announce that we have restarted some of our running sessions.
As you will all appreciate, we have been working hard to explore if and how we can reopen as a group. We have now developed a full Covid-19 policy and believe we have made every effort to define our COVID-19 secure environment to allow us to run safe running sessions again, with assistance from our friends at Lions Running Community. This policy and associated risk assessment forms have been uploaded to the files section of our Facebook groups to make it available to everyone in the group.
We will be opening our runs slowly and with limited numbers initially. We need to do this to test if we can open safely and to ensure we can cope with the demand as we also have to think about the welfare and safety of our of trained UK Athletics Run leaders and coaches and any impact on members of the public.
At the moment, we are only holding organised sessions on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. We will keep monitoring the current situation.
Full details are in our latest news item - please take the time to read it.
Chorley Runners is an award-winning, friendly and inclusive running group, based at Astley Park, Chorley, Lancashire.
We started as an informal friends' running group in April 2015, following the first Chorley C25K course. We were set up as the C25K follow on run group and then became a RunTogether group in October 2016.
Our group motto is #MyRunMyPace
We offer several free, regular running sessions, the details of the different running sessions are listed under the Our Runs tab above.
We meet on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings and on Thursday and Saturday mornings. We offer:
- Daytime, midweek Beginners #RunAndTalk running course
- Short 4k or 5k maintenance sessions to keep you running
- Longer distance sessions to help you progress and push yourself a little
- Monthly group trips to a local parkrun in the area
- 5-10k running course held three times a year. Sessions are focussed on helping runners progress their running distance to 10k over a 7-week period.
- 10-16k running course held subject to demand.
- The groups UK Athletics coaches can also offer
- Free athletics coaching sessions
- Running technique assessments
- Creation of individual coaching plans to meet your needs
- Check out Chorley Runners Coaching on Facebook and on the website at https://groups.runtogether.co.uk/Chorleyrunnerscoaching
Our objectives are:
- All sessions are suitable for all running abilities, including those who may have completed a Couch to 5K course.
- Our aim is to make running a fun and sociable activity which keeps us all fit.
- We are a friendly group, run by volunteers, and we cater to anyone who wants to run with no pressure and no time limits.
- We focus on running distances, not on pace or speed, everyone and anyone is welcome to any run session.
- All groups loop or pause at regular intervals to ensure no runner, regardless of their ability or pace, is ever left behind and to ensure everyone runs together,
- All the run leaders and group helpers are volunteers.
- All Run Leaders are all trained, qualified, licensed and insured UK Athletics Coaches (CIRF) or Leaders in Running Fitness (LIRF)
- All Run Leaders are DBS checked and First Aid qualified.
- To cater for visually and hearing-impaired runners, we have a licenced, experienced and qualified Guide Runner and a British Sign Language (BSL) Communicator.
All sessions are free, the only requirement is that we ask you to sign up to RunTogether via this website, then add Chorley Runners as your running group. #BookCheckInRun
Come along and join Chorley Runners for a friendly run. #MyRunMyPace
We have been supported through a Chorley Council Small Community Grant.
We also offer a great range of good value, high-quality running kit including technical shirts, hoodies, hats, bags, shorts and leggings as well as ICE tags and Event Pins with the group’s logo on them. See our club kit tab on this website.
The group has won several awards since its creation in 2015 including:
- October 2017, awarded Group of the Month by RunTogether
- September 2018, awarded Sports Club of the Year at Chorley Council's Sports Awards
- September 2018 awarded Runner Up in Bolton Council's Sports Awards.
- November 2018 awarded Sports Club of the Year - Runner Up at the Lancashire County Sports Awards.
- October 2019 Daniel Rivett, one of our Run Leaders, won Volunteer of the Year at Chorley Councils Sports awards
- October 2019 nominated again for Sports Club of the Year at Chorley Councils’ Sports awards
- July 2019 the entire run leader team were nominated for EA RunTogether volunteers of the year.
Justin Bentley - Group Leader
Meet our Team
Daniel Rivett Run Leader, Mental Health Champion
Emma Robinson Run Leader
Fiona Alderton CIRF, Run Leader, Mental Health Champion
Fiona Grime Group Helper
Geoff Kenyon Group Helper
Jennifer Whittle Run Leader
Justin Bentley Mental Health Champion, Run Leader, Group Leader
Leah Didcote Run Leader, BSL Communicator
Lisa Best Group Helper
Lucy Parkinson Co-Founder
Maddy Moss Group Helper, Mental Health Champion
Malcolm Alderton Mental Health Champion, Co-Founder, CIRF, Run Leader, MHFA, Guide Runner, Run Leader Mentor
Matthew Cogan Run Leader
Paul Fitch Group Helper
Robert Whittle Run Leader
Sarah Katherine Clarke Run Leader
Zara Cohen Run Leader